Overview: First Generation’s internship program is designed to allow students to explore a career in marketing and agency work while getting hands-on experience in the field. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Marketing Department with a variety of marketing, media, and project initiatives.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm, with a personal lunch break from 12 noon to 1:00 pm.
These hours are subject to some flexibility, and shall be agreed upon by FG and the candidate at time of hiring.
Compensation: Interns are eligible to receive academic credit.
- Professional drive and a strong desire to learn
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must work well in a team setting
- Junior or senior in college, majoring in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Business
- A solid understanding of marketing communications mix and its uses—including, but not limited to, advertising, collateral development, and media
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data, and suggest appropriate solutions
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching industry- and client-specific sites (blogs, forums, etc.) for product reviews, customer comments, and other relevant information
- Assist in building client-specific reports
- Support the Project Management team in daily administrative tasks
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
Responsibilities—Social Media focus:
- Assist with social media engagement by helping manage FG’s social channels
- Develop editorial calendar and work with copywriter on drafting and editing copy for social channels
- Monitor social media web analytics on a weekly basis (e.g. page views, twitter followers) and provide reports of growth and other activity
- Engage with Marketing and cross-functional teams on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing campaigns
- Assist with gathering data for marketing reports and supporting a variety of marketing and advertising programs
- Provide assistance on client-specific advertising campaigns (placement and tracking)