First Generation, an established Lehigh Valley Advertising Agency, is looking for an Interactive Developer to join our Creative Department. This person will handle all technical aspects of building responsive websites, especially backend development. You’ll work closely with our Creative Team to translate branded designs into creative experiences. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and avid problem solver who is constantly searching out new and better ways to deliver. This individual will work under the supervision of the Creative Director and will work in conjunction with the New Technology Director to explore new technologies and maintain a current industry knowledge of development concepts and best practices/procedures.
- Create high-quality, responsive websites
- Work efficiently using modern web markup languages, including HTML5 and CSS
- Work effectively using CMS platforms, such as WordPress, with the ability to create custom themes
- Maintain and support existing websites and applications
- Maintain consistent and strong attention to detail, organization, and work documentation
- Contribute to the scoping of new projects requirements and informing of timelines
- Up to 3 years of development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design, Development or Computer Sciences
- An online portfolio with a variety of interactive examples
- A basic understanding of Hosting Environments, cPanel, FTP, SSL
- Ability to help clarify UI/UX needs
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is a plus (or other design toolkits, such as Sketch)
- Familiarity with other multi-media platforms is a plus
- Front-end design sensibilities are a plus
- Acting as a team player who enjoys collaborating with an energetic creative group
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- 10% light travel required
About First Generation: We are a full-service integrated marketing communications company that delivers strategic campaigns for commercial, educational, industrial and corporate clients. Our services include (but are not limited to): integrated marketing, video production, event planning, web design and programming, instructional design, graphic design, editing, script/speech/copywriting, animation, and media planning and placement. We’ve been in business for more than 30 years, and have offices in Allentown, PA and Washington, D.C.
Note: Interested candidates must link to a portfolio. Those without work samples will not be considered.